Anenergic or apathetic depression
This is not part of WKL classification as it is a clinical picture and not a phenotype.
This set of criteria is proposed for research purpose and is probably not definitive.
Click the leftward figure to see current diagnostic criteria in wiki modifiable format. Only members of the CEP are allowed to change them. But you can react to them by either sending an email or by inserting a comment (send a mail).
- All rank A criteria are mandatory
- At least one rank B criteria has to be fulfilled
- No exclusion criteria must be observed
Rank A (all are required)
- Meets the criteria for MDP as meant by in the WKL school (at least one of the criteria )
- Mixity or incompleteness of poles
- Reactivity and / or fluctuation of the clinical picture
- Bipolar course
- Apathy , adynamisme , avolition , amotivation
- Anhedonia , emotional anesthesia
- Having a significant impact on the social, occupational or emotional life of the patient ( ≥ 20-point loss to the GAF ).
- Duration ≥ 3 months
Rank B (at least 1)
- Reversed vegetative signs (1 of the following):
- Overeating, weight gain (+5%)
- Sadness of mood, even though back from anhedonia
- No or slightly marked slowdown of thought during the interview
- Direct relative affected by MDP
Not secondary to
- Drug intake: antidopaminergic or SRI (apathetic remission)
- An organic disease : extrapyramidal disorder , degenerative dementia , leukoencephalopathy , or expansive pathology
Clinical (symptoms that can not be observed)
- No arguments for a periodic catatonia : no staring , real negativity parakinesia.